The Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild (AAFG) is an educational social club for fiber artists. It was founded in 1956 as a club for weavers and still has many members who are weavers, as well as many members who create other forms of fiber art.
The focus of the AAFG is fiber and all techniques that involve using fiber or fiber techniques including Basketry, Beading, Bead Embroidery, Bead Weaving, Collage, Crochet, Doll Making, Embroidery, Felting, Garment Design and Construction, Handmade Paper and Book Art, Knitting, Knotting, Kumihimo, Quilting, Sewing, Spinning, Surface Design, and Weaving.
The AAFG provides opportunities for fiber artists to meet and exchange ideas, and to learn about fiber art through lectures and workshops. In addition to monthly meetings, the Guild promotes the enjoyment of fiber arts through information and demonstrations. We also sponsor exhibits of our members’ work. Visit the Exhibits page for more information.
Membership benefits include:
- Monthly Programs – September through May (except December)
- Workshops – Discounted to members
- Exhibit Opportunities – Past exhibits have included Power Center, Village Theater, Silver Maples, and Riverside Arts Center
- Fiber Spa
- Emailed Announcements – September through May meeting reminders, member exhibits, sales information, and more
- Library Privileges – AAFG library has over 600 books and DVD’s
- Website Gallery – Opportunity to promote members’ work
- Facebook Page – Opportunity to showcase members’ art
- Discounts – Available at several fiber stores
- Focus Study Groups – Warped Weavers
- Networking, Socializing, Sharing, and Learning
Join our Mailing List – Click link to left and type “Join Mailing List” in the comment area.