Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild video
The Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild (AAFG) is an educational social club for fiber artists. It was founded in 1956 as a club for weavers and still has a large number of members who are weavers, as well as many members who create other forms of fiber art.
The focus of the AAFG is fiber and all techniques that involve using fiber or fiber techniques including: Basketry, Beading, Bead Embroidery, Bead Weaving, Kumihimo, Crochet, Doll Making, Dyeing and Painting, Embroidery, Felting, Garment Design and Construction, Handmade Paper and Book Art, Knitting, Knotting, Quilting, Sewing, Spinning, Weaving, and Surface Design.
The AAFG provides opportunities for fiber artists to meet and exchange ideas, and to learn about fiber art through lectures and workshops. In addition to monthly meetings, the Guild promotes the enjoyment of fiber arts through information and demonstrations. We also sponsor sales and exhibits of our members’ work.
Annual membership in the AAFG is September 1 through August 31 of the following year.
Membership benefits include:
- Monthly Programs – September through May (except December)
- Workshops – Discounted to members
- Exhibit Opportunities – Past exhibits have included Power Center, Village Theater, Silver Maples, and Riverside Arts Center
- Juried Sales Opportunities
- Emailed Announcements – September through May meeting reminders, member exhibits, sales information, and more
- Library Privileges – AAFG library has over 600 books and DVD’s
- Annual Development Award – Learning grants available to members
- Website Gallery – Opportunity to promote members’ work
- Facebook Page – Opportunity to showcase members’ art
- Discounts – Available at several fiber stores
- Focus Study Groups – Warped Weavers
- Networking, Socializing, Sharing, and Learning
Visit the Sales and Exhibits page for more information.
Join the Guild! Renew Your Membership!
Join our Mailing List – Click link to left and type “Join Mailing List” in the comment area.